Tuesday, July 29, 2008

You'd think...

Since I've been so bored up at the front desk, I'd be writing more. Well, truth is we're supposed to be limiting our computer time. *Wah wah* Plus I've been reading a Tom Clancy book, which takes the same amount of time as a full time job. It's like 800 pages, and even though I read like 100 pages one day last week, it's hard to just read like that, even though I love to read and I'm kind of a speed reader... get to the point already.

So, I FINALLY got my letter from the police academy with all the supplies I need and I bought almost everything I need over the weekend. Boots, uniform pants, gym-style shirt (complete with iron on letters), sweat pants (I even got sweat shorts. Where was I when that happened? It's genius!), all kinds of cool police things. Today I'll be turning in my notice to my current job, which I'm nervous about, but I'm more stoked than anything. .

I'm so ready to do something I want to do than stuck doing what I'm doing now. Does it feel great to help people at my work? Yeah. Does it feel great to complete a huge copy project? Not really. Do I enjoy picking up the pieces of other people's mistakes? Kind of actually... which is good, since I'm gonna be doing that a lot. It's not good though, cause when I think about it, it's almost like I'm a glutton for punishment. My nickname here at work for a while was "Monkey" because an attorney here was snooping in someone else's office while they were gone and I happened to be walking by when he knocked over a plate and it shattered everywhere. I walked in and took the verbal abuse ("Why is that in here? He shouldn't be leaving plates around." I'm sorry, you've mistaken me for someone who cares...) and without being asked to, I picked up the mess. I never even thought about it, I just saw it needed to be done, so I did it. Well, all my co workers heard the crash, so they asked what happened and once I explained it, I realized how subservient I soudned. One of the guys goes, "Did you offer to clean HIS office too? Geez, they have you trained man. Now... Jump Monkey, Jump!"
So everyone would joke when I walked in and scrath themselves going, "Ooooo AHHHAHHHH! Jump monkey, jump!"

Thought I'd share a little inside joke with you...


I might be posting very much for a while, like the rest of the year. School is close and once that starts, I'll have time to study, eat, study, breathe, study and maybe sleep. I'll try to give little updates here and there, but don't be disappointed if it's a while. I'll try to get back in the habit once I get hired on somewhere and things settle down a bit. Love y'all!

The New Sheriff In Town,
Cowboy

No comments: