Thursday, August 16, 2007

More about me...

I know that it seems like I write about myself a lot, but I'm the most interesting person I know, so get used to it... jk

Actually I thought it would be appropriate to do a quick list of things about me, but in interactive mode. So all of you reading this (if there really is anyone there), when I ask a question, it's not rhetorical...

You know what I hate? (you say "what?") Cold toilet seats. You know what I REALLY hate? A warm one...

You know what I hate? Liars. You know what I REALLY hate? Liars who say that they're not liars, or liars that say that they're "really a good person", and especially BAD LIARS...

You know what I love? Hot dogs. Not like boiled hot dogs, and not even brand name hot dogs. I like a hot dog made with wild game meat like Reindeer or Buffalo. Actually pretty much any wild meat, stuffed into a tube or served like a steak is ok by me, and the redder the better...

You know what I hate? (stay with me now..."what?") Complicating simple things. You know what I REALLY hate? The PEOPLE who make easy things difficult. Seriously, life is difficult enough. Do we really need to change 5 minutes projects into hours of labor to accommodate idiotic requests or policies? I like things that are simple and make sense. If you like complications and difficult things, I recommend another blog. Read below to see why...

You know what I love? Gregory House. That's more of a "who", but hear me out. (Side note: I hate people who say it's stupid to like a tv character and his beliefs) He's brilliant. He understands (like psychologists) that life boils done to the very base of our emotions, the lowest common denominator. People do things for simple reasons. We're not as smart and devious as we think, we do things for one of three reasons: sex, money and self-preservation. That's pretty much it. We do things cause we WANT to. People always say, "Not if you have a gun to your head." Bull honkey. If I held a gun to your head and told you to kill someone you love, you can still say no. You may not WANT to say no, but you still can. It's still your decision, that's free will.

Which brings me to my next point...

You know what I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY hate? People who won't admit mistakes or take responsibility. No one's perfect, so just admit it; cause if you don't, you're gonna have to admit that you're as stupid as we already think you are. You're not the first person to do something stupid, so get over it and learn from it.

You what I love? Having fun. Whatever that is, I love having fun and watching people have fun, especially my family. Nothing is better than playing "stink face" with my 1 year old. Nothing is better than watching him try to run down a hill, when he's just learning to walk, laughing so hard he can't breathe. Nothing is better than seeing my little girl smile when she looks at me. Nothing is better than seeing my wife truly enjoying herself. So get out there, do what you love, and have fun.

Alright, I'm gonna get off my soap box and go back to work. Which is only fun when I make it that way. Just a little tip in case you're struggling with that. Make anything fun or funny and you'll notice a big difference in your outlook on life. Ok, now I'm really gonna step off my soap box... until next time. Same bat time, same bat channel...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know what I love? This post! Great!